Introduction – Nature and Process of communication.
Communication – Barrier of Communication
- Meaning and nature of business communication.
- Objectives and functions of business communication.
- Semantic barriers.
- Physical and mechanical barriers.
- Organizational barriers.
- Cultural barriers.
- Writing commercial letters.
- Writing resumes.
- Writing applications and covering letters.
Research Techniques – Citing references and using Bibliographical and research tools.
- Report reading and understanding – meaning of annual reports, content of annual reports, specimen of annual reports.
- Technical writing.
- Report writing – understanding reports, objectives of reports, and formats of report writing.
- Research methodology and tools.
- Presentation of quoted and paraphrased information.
- Distinguish between bibliography and annotated bibliography.